Search Engine Optimisation
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search Engines, like Google, are widely used by Web users to find relevant content. Search Engines "crawl" the Internet, visit websites and obtain information about them. When they arrive, they record what they find and "rank" you. Search Engine Optimisation refers to techniques you employ to get a higher ranking, and consequently appear higher in search engine results.
What's Involved in Optimising My Website?
Some of what makes your site appealing to Search Engines can be managed by you (depending on how much control you have over your content). The rest depends on the Website Developer. Think of it like driving a car. The car is your website, its driver is you. You can get the most out of a bad car by driving it well. In the Web-sense, you fill your website with great content. Adversely you can have the best car available but if it's not driven properly, the car's facilities are wasted. Getting your site to rank well in search engines, therefore, involves two aspects: good facilities, and good content.
What Facilities Should My Website Be Equipped With?
Some technical aspects that make your site appealling to Search Engines include:
- Friendly URL's
- Conscise and relevant Meta Tags
- Dynamic Meta Tags
- A Sitemap
- Diligent and responsible coding
What Is Good Content For Search Engines?
If you can control the content on your site, the following ideas can be applied to improve your Search Engine ranking:
- Identify your central message and the words that relate to this message. These are your Keywords.
- Carefully select and use as many of your Keywords as you can within your content.
- Lots of content used appropriately provides more opportunities for search engines to index your pages.
- Getting other websites to link to your site improves your ranking. It implies that your site has quality content.
- If you can edit your website's Meta Tags, adjust them for different pages to reflect the content on each page.
So, are you on page one?
Why pass up qualified customers? Let Peak Consultings' team of web developers, copywriters, and graphic designers utilise their skills and deliver results. To find out how we can help you gain more from your website, contact us today for your free website evaluation - 0404 39 89 89.
For more information about SEO and how it relates to your website, or for more information about employing advanced SEO tactics in your website, please read the article Search Engine Optimisation in Your Website: How Your Website Should Be Designed To Deliver Good Results.